Sweet Potato Buddha Bowl with Sriracha Hummus
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
2 large sweet potatoes,
peeled and cubed
2 T. extra virgin olive oil
1 t. ground cumin
1 t. smoked paprika
Sea salt and black, pepper to taste
6 c. baby spinach
2 red bell peppers, sliced thin
2 yellow bell peppers, sliced thin
2 small cucumbers, thinly sliced
1 c. fresh cilantro, chopped
1 c. plain hummus
2-3 T. sriracha sauce
2 large avocados, cubed
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat® baking mat. Set aside.
- Toss sweet potato cubes with olive oil, ground cumin, and smoked paprika. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and transfer to prepared baking sheet. Spread into a single layer without overcrowding.
- Place baking sheet in pre-heated oven and roast until potatoes are fork tender, around 20 minutes.
- While the sweet potatoes are roasting, divide and arrange baby spinach, sliced peppers, cucumber, and cilantro in four serving bowls. Set aside.
- Whisk the hummus and sriracha sauce together in a small bowl and set aside.
- When the sweet potatoes are finished roasting, remove from oven and cool for several minutes before dividing between the four Buddha bowls.
- To serve, top each bowl with diced avocado and a big dollop of sriracha hummus. Enjoy!