Top Feng Shui Tips
Jan 27, 2015 06:31PM
By By Amy Theisen
The theory behind Feng Shui is that a life force energy flows through all things—buildings, hills, rivers, power lines and people…placement of these and other factors can enhance a person’s wealth and good fortune. The first rule of Real Estate may one day read: Location, Location…Feng Shui! ~ New York Times
In my practice, I use a combination of Western and true Classical Feng Shui because I have been trained in both. Sometimes, quick and easy tips can mean the difference between clicking with your life and missing the beat altogether.
While a professional consultation connects hidden energy forces at a deep level, these simple tips can help you plug into your personal Feng Shui energy:
- Learn your Personal Gua (energy) number (simply search gua number online). This is a personal Feng Shui number that provides you with your four auspicious and four inauspicious directions. Sleeping and sitting facing the auspicious directions provide an added boost to your life.
- When sitting at your desk or in your office, be sure you can see the entrance door to the room. If this is not possible, position a mirror to see the door from where you sit. This allows your subconscious to know it is safe from an unseen attack.
- Use a high back chair when sitting at your desk. Think of yourself as an emperor and your chair as the throne. A king does not sit in a low back chair!
- A headboard that is solid will protect your head while you sleep. Be sure to sleep in your personal auspicious direction.
- Avoid sleeping or sitting in direct line with a door. An easy remedy is to close the door whenever you are in that area.
- Create a welcoming space inside and outside your main entrance door. Energy or qi (chee) collects in these areas. This is where cleaning up the clutter matters.
Tips for 2015, Year of the Wood Goat
At noon, on February 4, 2015, the year of the Wood Goat enters our lives and the year of the Wood Horse makes an exit. This date marks the yearly Feng Shui shift. Here are tips to help maximize your year:
- Avoid using the West of your home; 2015 brings the negative five yellow and the Three Killings to the west sector. The last time this happened was 2008. If your bedroom or office is located in the west area of your home (not facing west but is the west location), consider sleeping/working elsewhere for the year, especially if you are a gua nine.
- Use a water feature like an aquarium or small fountain to activate the North for cash flow; Southwest for opportunities which mean sales; East for helpful people and good employees