Brain Gym for Higher Learning
Feb 28, 2015 05:54PM
By By Kari Murlowski
Brain Gym is a safe and natural way to ease ADD, ADHD, anxiety, autism, depression and stress. The program consists of 26 safe, simple movements known as Brain Gym activities. These activities are specifically designed to integrate the hemispheres of the brain to draw out innate abilities and grow new brain pathways for greater clarity and ease in learning.
The 26 activities work together to assist in recalling movements which occurred naturally during the first years of life when learning to coordinate eyes, ears, hands, and whole body.
Combined with a program for ‘learning through movement’ developed by educator and reading specialist, Paul E. Dennison, and his wife and colleague, Gail E. Dennison, the activities stimulate the flow of information between the brain and body, freeing the innate ability to learn and function at peak efficiency. When combined with a goal and a five-step balance process, moving with intention leads to optimal learning.
- Learn anything faster and more easily
- Be more focused and organized
- Start and finish projects/assignments with ease
- Overcome learning challenges
- Improve attention, concentration and study skills
Discover how to move the body to switch the brain “on” for optimal learning and functioning and see improvements in areas such as concentration; focus; organizational skills; memory with reading, writing, math, test taking; physical coordination; relationships; and improved self-responsibility.
The Brain Gym educational model:
- Promotes play and the joy of learning
- Draws out and honors innate intelligence
- Builds awareness regarding the value of movement in daily life
- Emphasizes the ability to notice and respond to movement-based needs
- Encourages self-responsibility
- Leaves each participant appreciated and valued
- Empowers each participant to better take charge of their own learning
- Encourages creativity and self-expression
Blocks in learning occur when information cannot freely flow between the many nerve cells and functional centers located throughout the brain and body. Brain Gym works by promoting efficient communication between these centers, facilitating optimal achievement of mental potential.
Kari Murlowski is a Licensed Brain Gym Instructor/Consultant at The Integration Station, LLC, 4517 Allendale Dr., White Bear Township. For more information, visit BrainGymTraining.com, email [email protected] or call 763-785-4600.